Volunteer: Stevenson Band Boosters
The Stevenson Band Booster Club was organized to supplement the Instrumental Music program with fundraising activities, chaperoning, and other support activities under the direction of the Band Director and Booster Board.
If you have a child in any Stevenson Band Ensemble, you are automatically a Band Booster and are asked to volunteer your time and talents. The Boosters are often in need of donations of time and items to support the band. Click the link below to explore our current volunteer opportunities:
Dear parents / potential band volunteers,
To clarify any questions about our background check process: It is the policy of Stevenson High School principal Mr. Cucchi and myself that all our band volunteers complete and submit a fresh background check every school year.
You must submit the form a least two weeks before you anticipate taking on a volunteer assignment.
Background checks do not carry over to the next school year.
This policy is in place for the protection of your children. Completing the background check form only takes a few minutes of your time and is extremely helpful to me to know that anyone age 18 and older that has access to our band members has been cleared by the school district to volunteer.
1. New background checks must be submitted for every school year. The band will begin accepting background checks for the next school year on May 1st each year.
2. Complete and submit a background check directly to the Band program. Place completed forms in an envelope and place them in the Blue Box (under the American Flag) in the SHS Band Room.
3. Your completed form will be inventoried (only) by the band program. This list will be used for reference to ensure volunteers for band activities have completed their annual background check.
4. The completed form is then submitted to the UCS Human Resources department for processing.
5. If you do not hear something from Mr. Sekich or Mr. Cucchi in a roughly 2 week time period after you submit your form, you can safely assume you have been cleared to volunteer for band activities.
6. IMPORTANT - Even if you submit a background check through another UCS building, or through another Stevenson HS volunteer activity, please submit a new background check with the band so Mr. Sekich can maintain the list of cleared volunteers.
7. UCS employees do not need to submit a background check. Please ensure however your name is placed on our volunteer list by presenting your UCS ID. Employees of other school districts still need to submit a background check through the band as outlined above.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep our Titans safe!
Band Booster volunteers/chaperones are asked purchase and wear "official" Booster polo shirts and name tags. This is done for a couple reasons, the most important being safety related - giving the kids a visual way to quickly identify a parent should the need arise. The bonus is that it makes us look organized and professional to our hosts and other band parents.
To place an order, visit the link below and submit your request. Payment (check or money order payable to Stevenson Band Boosters) is due when you receive your order - which typically takes a week or two to produce, depending on how busy the embroiderer is.