Marching Band: Stevenson Instrumental Music Program
Titans Marching Band
The Stevenson High School Marching Band is proud to have built a long tradition of excellence. The band performs annually at MSBOA Festival and Utica Community Schools' Band-a-Rama and has participated at regional marching activites throughout Metropolitan Detroit. While away from Michigan, the SHS Marching Band has performed in Orlando & Miami Florida and Washington, DC. The band represents Stevenson High School in Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA.
2020-21 Return to Marching Band information:
- With the announcement from the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) that the 2020 football season has been postponed to the spring of 2021, please check back later for updated information on how the Stevenson Marching Band will prepare to support our Titans!
- Return to Marching: Dates and times TBA
Marching Band Items:
Note: All dates and activities subject to modification in support of recommendations and requirements concerning the ongoing public health situation
|2020-21 Marching Band Key Dates
|Tuesday evenings TBA:
||Optional Marching Band sectionals
||Marching Band Banquet, 7 PM Dinner
|Late winter / spring 2021:
||Rehearsals and performances TBA
Click here for a PDF version of the 2020-21 calendar for printing
Registration & Payments for the 2020-21 Stevenson Marching Band
With the move of the football season from fall to spring, it's not too late to be part of the Stevenson Marching Band (if you're taking a band class)!
To register and pay, follow these steps:
- Registration will remain open until the season restarts
- Payment due at the first Return to Marching rehearsal
- Outstanding balances (for participants that haven't paid) are subject to being added to the student's Power School account as a fine. Students with fines on their accounts will not be allowed to:
- Participate in optional student travel opportunities
- Purchase tickets to optional student activities such as the Homecoming Dance and Prom
- Receive their cap and gown and participate in their high school graduation ceremony
- Marching Band is an optional activity that is primarily funded through a combination of fees and parent-directed fundraising. Participation in Marching Band requires payment.
Step 3: No longer applicable
- Online certification from student and parent/guardian due at the first Return to Marching rehearsal
Step 5 - NEW MEMBERS WITHOUT A 2019 PHYSICAL SUBMITTED TO UCS: Download, print, complete (must be dated on or after April 15, 2020 and physical section completed out by a medical professional), and turn in a Physical form
- UCS rules concerning sports physicals for new members (those without a physical submitted to UCS for the 2019-20 school year - NO exceptions):
- Must take place on or after April 15, 2020
- Must be completed by a medical professional
Step 5 - OPTION FOR RETURNING MEMBERS: Download, print, complete, and turn in a MHSAA Health Questionnaire for 2020
- UCS rules concerning use of health questionnaire (NO exceptions):
- May be substituted for students that submitted a valid sports physical to any UCS school during the 2019-20 school year
- An actual physical must have been completed on or after April 15, 2019
- A YES answer to any of the questions on the questionnaire will require a completed physical exam from a MD, DO, NP, PA prior to participation
- MHSAA FAQ about Health Questionnaire
GUIDELINES FOR BOTH PHYSICAL OPTIONS:
- Completed forms due at the first Return to Marching rehearsal
- Turn in, on paper
- Every Marching Band member must have a sports physical completed to participate
- For 2020-21, all students must use an official MHSAA form
- Due to HIPAA restrictions, UCS athletes are responsible for providing their own copies of their physical form to both band and athletics. The band does not provide copies of physicals to any other organization - this is YOUR sole responsibility!
- UCS, or any of its schools or organizations, does not maintain a centralized filing system for physicals. Each organization operates independently.
- Should the information on a form need to be updated after it was submitted, a replacement form may be submitted at any time prior to camp without loss of eligibility. Strongly recommended: make and keep a photocopy of this form prior to submission.
Resources for the 2020-21 Stevenson Marching Band
- 2020 Show Information: Click for items for students to work on at home:
- 2020-21 Marching Band Paper Forms: Click to download and print at home.
- MHSAA Physical Form - For new marchers if they did not submit a physical to a UCS athletic program in 2019. Must be completed on or after 4/15/20.
- MHSAA Health Questionnaire - May be substituted for students that submitted a valid sports physical to any UCS school during the 2019-20 school year. Physical must have been completed on or after April 15, 2019. Please note that a YES answer to any of the questions on the questionnaire will require a completed physical exam from a MD, DO, NP, PA prior to participation.
- 2020-21 Marching Band Handbook: Released on June 3, 2020 with key updated information from Mr. Sekich.
Receiving Physical Education Flex Credit for completing 2 full seasons of Marching Band: A student may be able to waive the graduation requirement of 1/2 credit of Physical Education (gym class) following the completion of two seasons of Marching Band between 9th and 12th grades. In addition to 100% participation, the proper paperwork must be completed, signed by Mr. Sekich, and returned to the counseling department to complete eligibility.
|A history of recent Marching Band Shows
|2020: Behind the Mask
|2019: The Music of Queen
||2018: Super Bowl Halftime Hits
|2017: Wizards & Magic
|2015: Heart of a Hero
||2014: Once Upon a Time
|2013: Vegas, Baby!
||2012: Welcome to the Jungle
|2011: Road Trip USA!
||2010: The Piano Man Show
|2009: Les Miserable
||2008: Motown USA
|2007: The Beatles
||2006: Hollywood Highlights
|2005: Jeckyll & Hyde
||2004: The Mask of Zorro
|2003: Disney Fantasmic
||2002: Jesus Christ Superstar
|2001: Aaron Copland
||2000: West Side Story
|1999: Star Wars
||1998: Big Band Jazz
|1997: Western Show
||1996: Beethoven Show
|1995: James Bond
||1994: Fiddler on the Roof
|1993: Broadway Show
||1992: Cartoon Show
2018-19 Stevenson Titans Marching Band