Tri-M Music Honor Society: Stevenson Instrumental Music Program
Welcome to Stevenson High School Chapter of the Tri-M Music Honor Society! Established in 2014 as Chapter #6920, all Instrumental Music & Choir students that attend Stevenson High School are eligible for membership.
Congratulations to our May 2018 inductees
2018-19 Membership Criteria - Minimum Standards
- Music Participation
- Candidates must have been enrolled in a school-sponsored music ensemble (band or choir) at Stevenson High School (grades 9 – 12) and/or class for at least one semester of the 2018-19 school year.
- Academic Achievement
- Candidates must have maintained for the previous semester at least a B average grade (3.0) or equivalent in music, with at least a cumulative C average grade (2.0) or equivalent in other academic subjects.
- New members must complete and document a minimum of 20 service hours in the year they first apply to join. In subsequent years members that wish to sustain their membership must complete and document a minimum of 10 service hours.
- Service activities include any actions undertaken by the student that are done with or on behalf of others without any direct financial or material compensation (your own school-required activities are not eligible). Service that helps support the musical and/or arts community is preferred, but not required.
- Service hours may be obtained from June 1, 2018 – April 18, 2019 for membership in the 2018-19 school year.
- Documentation of service hours must be turned in between April 1st – 19th, 2019 along with cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) as of March 29th, 2019.
- Character Strength
- A member must demonstrate leadership, service, respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship in all activities.
- Character strength is determined by Chapter Advisors Mr. Sekich and/or Mr. Humbach.
- Applications and payments
- Must be turned in no later than April 19th, 2019. Payments for honors cords should be via a check made payable to the Stevenson Band Boosters. Deposit applications and payments in the Blue Box in the Band Room
Interested in joining?
What is the Tri-M Music Honor Society?
The Tri-M Music Honor Society® is a program of NAfME which focuses on creating future leaders in music education and music advocacy. Tri-M is the only national honor society for student musicians in grades 6-12. There are more than 1,800 chapters across all 50 states, involving more than 75,000 students.
Each year, these students contribute more than 750,000 service hours to their schools and local communities, and raise nearly $1 million for causes they care about. NAfME awards more than $4,500 in scholarships each year to chapters that demonstrate exceptional service and leadership.
Each Spring, Stevenson High School Tri-M members will have the opportunity to wear their purchased pink honor cords at concerts and graduating seniors may wear their cords during their graduation ceremony.