Michigan's Universities & Colleges: Stevenson Instrumental Music Program

Interested in continuing your music education after high school - even if you not planning on being a music major? Want to participate in Marching Band at the university level? All fifteen of Michigan's public four-year universities offer students opportunities to expand upon the high school music experience in some way and stay involved!

Looking at attending a private university or college instead? Maybe a community college? There are many opportunities available from coast to coast -- from the coasts of Lake Michigan and Lake Superior to the coast of Lake Huron and beyond!


  • The charts below provide a general overview of offerings. Be sure to explore the schools' web sites for their full and up-to-date offerings of music-related degree(s) and extracurricular activities
  • A few music-related degree examples include music performance, music education, and music therapy
  • Schools with Marching Bands typically, if not always, offer Pep Bands in support of other campus athletic events
Public Universities


Private 4-Year Degree Institutions with Music Opportunities


Other Private Special Focus & Graduate Only Institutions


Community and Tribal Colleges

Parent quick links
Cut Time    Buy Tickets

Remind    E-mail Blasts

Recent news:


Click for info
Benefits of Music Education     Best Communities 2018

Find us on
Facebook    Twitter

Support us
Kroger Rewards    Amazon Smile

Success Formula