New for 2020!
9th - 11th grade Instrumental Music students from SHS, DJHS, HJHS, and JJHS are encouraged to apply for this new opportunity to fund some of your band expenses as you continue in the SHS program!
Full details about eligibility are below. Applicants must have been a High School Solo & Ensemble (or Chamber Festival) participant plus participated in either Band & Orchestra Festival or Marching Band Festival during the current school year.
Online applications are due Friday, May 29th. Good luck!!
2020 Dick 'The Voice' Scholarship Information
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Applicant must have participated in MSBOA District XVI High School Solo & Ensemble Festival (Chamber Ensemble participants welcome)
- Applicant must have participated in any two of the following MSBOA Events during the current school year:
- Marching Band Festival
- Band & Orchestra Festival
- Jazz Band Festival
- Honors Band
- All-State Band
- State Solo & Ensemble
- Applicant must be enrolled in an Instrumental Music class for the next upcoming school year (2020-21)
- Applicant must not have previously won a Copus Scholarship or an Ankawi Scholarship
- Students cannot win both an Ankawi Scholarship and Copus Scholarship in the same year
- Funds be will eligible to be used towards band expenses such as music camps, private lessons, music/equipment/supplies, and band trips. If a student leaves the Instrumental Music Program for any reason, including graduation, unused scholarship monies revert to the Stevenson Band Boosters
- Due: no later than Fri. May 29, 2020 @ 11:59 PM
- Applications are now closed
- Applicants will complete an online form, being certain to answer the short essay questions
- Late applications will not be accepted, and duplicate submissions shall be deleted (only one submission allowed per student)
- A committee appointed by the Band Director will review the applications to choose the winner
- In addition to the online application, the committee will consider items such as citizenship and attendance along with other contributions made to the program
- The winner will be announced online during the week of June 1, 2020
share this post: