Frank Marinello was a man of unconditional love. He was a kind and humble soul that touched the lives of anyone that heard his music, tasted his cooking, or had the joy of sharing a laugh with him.
Frank cherished his beloved wife and son, was faithful to God and country, loyal to family and friends, and saw value and potential in every person. His humble and patient nature made him an extraordinary teacher, and his guitar was always plugged into his heart.
The memories Frank shared with the Stevenson High School Band will never be forgotten and his music will live on.
2022 Frank Marinello Memorial Scholarship Information
Eligibility & Requirements:
- This $500 scholarship is open to Stevenson Instrumental Music students in 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th grade at Stevenson that are involved in the SHS Music program, including students enrolled in the Virtual Academy. You must be enrolled in Band classes in 2022-2023 to accept this scholarship (excluding seniors)
- Applicant MUST be have been enrolled in an Instrumental Music class and returning students must be enrolled for the 2023 full year as well
- Must not be a previous winner of a Copus or Ankawi scholarship
- You may not win multiple scholarships
- Scholarship will be eligible to use towards band expenses such as, private lessons, camps, music equipment etc or furthering your education classes in college.
- A student who has a passion for music
- A student who practices because they love to rather than it being an obligation
- A student who is kind and patient with others
- A student who is willing to help others and expect nothing in return
- A student who brings the best out of others
Assignment & Applications:
- Complete a short essay answering the question: "How will I use my talents and time to give back to the community through music?"
- Due: Sunday, May 8, 11:59 PM
- Complete the online form here, be sure to upload your essay as a pdf or Word document: www.stevensonbands.org/marinello-scholarship
- Late applications will not be accepted
- The winner will be selected from eligible and fully completed applications by the Marinello Family
- In addition to the application, the Committee will consider citizenship along with contributions made to the Stevenson Music Program
|Previous Marinello Scholarship Winners:|
share this post: