MR. AUSTERMAN'S MARCHING BAND TIP OF THE DAY, FIRST DAY OF SUMMER EDITION!
Every member (yes, including you!) of the marching band must have a pair of pure white (not tan) shorts that will be worn as part of a summer uniform at performances when the weather precludes the wearing of the formal/full uniform.
These are purchased on your own.
The kids did not wear these last season ... so if you're a returning member it might be a great idea to see if your old pair still fits / still looks crisp and clean.
Requirements for Summer Uniform White Shorts:
- No stripes – must be solid white
- No athletic-style shorts (no elastic waistbands)
- Clean / professional appearance (no rips, stains, minimal wrinkling)
- Mid-thigh length or longer
Suggestions for Summer Uniform White Shorts:
- Flat khaki-style preferred over cargo-style (minimal pockets)
- Shop early! Online stores typically have a better selection
share this post: