Applications are being accepted through May 12th for membership in Stevenson High School's Tri-M Music Honor Society Chapter.
Stevenson students (and those in the Virtual Academy) interested in membership must return a completed application to the SHS band room (Virtual Academy students may drop off their applications in the Stevenson Main Office).
Due to the ongoing restrictions on gatherings, the service hour requirements (for this year only) have been waived.
- Membership package includes:
- Membership criteria
- Application (due 5/12/21)
- Service Hours worksheet (optional)
Membership Criteria Standards for 2020-21 School Year
- Music Participation
- Candidates must have been enrolled in a school-sponsored music ensemble (Band, Choir, Color Guard) at Stevenson High School (or UCS Virtual Academy) for at least one semester of the 2020-21 school year.
- Academic Achievement
- Candidates must maintain a B grade or higher in their instrumental and/or vocal music class(es)*, with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher in all classes at the end of the first semester marking period.
- Service (requirement waived due to pandemic)
- New members must complete and document a minimum of 20 service hours in the year they first apply to join. In subsequent years members that wish to sustain their membership must complete and document a minimum of 10 service hours.
- Service activities include any actions undertaken by the student that are done with or on behalf of others without any direct financial or material compensation (your own school-required activities are not eligible). Service that helps support the musical and/or arts community is strongly preferred, but not required.
- (Optional in 2020-21) Service hours may be obtained from May 15, 2020 – May 12, 2021 for membership at the end of the 2020-21 school year.
- Documentation of service hours may be turned in any time after the end of the first semester marking period but prior to the deadline of May 12, 2021.
- Character Strength
- A member must demonstrate leadership, service, respect, responsibility, trustworthiness, fairness, caring, and citizenship in all activities.
- Character strength is determined by Chapter Advisors Mr. Sekich and/or Mrs. Gard-Eret.
- Must be submitted no later than May 12, 2021.
- Honor Cords
- Each Spring, Tri-M applicants approved for membership will have the opportunity to purchase pink honor cords. Cords may be worn by current Tri-M members at Stevenson Instrumental and/or Vocal Music concerts and by seniors during their graduation ceremony.
Mr. Sekich & Mrs. Gard-Eret
share this post: