Stevenson Instrumental Music Program - Volunteer Policy
Dear parents / potential band volunteers,
To clarify any questions about our background check process: It is the policy of Stevenson High School principal Mr. Cucchi and myself that all our band volunteers complete and submit a fresh background check every school year.
You must submit the form a least two weeks before you anticipate taking on a volunteer assignment.
Background checks do not carry over to the next school year.
This policy is in place for the protection of your children. Completing the background check form only takes a few minutes of your time and is extremely helpful to me to know that anyone age 18 and older that has access to our band members has been cleared by the school district to volunteer.
2021-22 Background Check process for Band volunteers:
1. New background checks must be submitted for every school year. The band will begin accepting background checks for the next school year on May 1st each year.
2. Complete and submit a background check directly to the Band program. Place completed forms in an envelope and place them in the Blue Box (under the American Flag) in the SHS Band Room.
3. Your completed form will be inventoried (only) by the band program. This list will be used for reference to ensure volunteers for band activities have completed their annual background check.
4. The completed form is then submitted to the UCS Human Resources department for processing.
5. If you do not hear something from Mr. Sekich or Mr. Cucchi in a roughly 2 week time period after you submit your form, you can safely assume you have been cleared to volunteer for band activities.
6. IMPORTANT - Even if you submit a background check through another UCS building, or through another Stevenson HS volunteer activity, please submit a new background check with the band so Mr. Sekich can maintain the list of cleared volunteers.
7. UCS employees do not need to submit a background check. Please ensure however your name is placed on our volunteer list by presenting your UCS ID. Employees of other school districts still need to submit a background check through the band as outlined above.
Thank you for doing your part to help keep our Titans safe!
share this post: