2019-20 Marching Band Resources - Stevenson Instrumental Music Department
Resources for the 2019-20 Stevenson Marching Band
- 2019-20 Marching Band Kickoff Meeting: Wednesday, March 27th at 6:30 PM at Stevenson High School. This meeting is important for all members and their parents who intend on being part of the band -- but it is critically important for new students and parents.
- 2019-20 Welcome/Information Presentation: A comprehensive welcome and information guide to the Stevenson Marching Band. Recommended reading for those (especially parents, but students too) that want the logistics and details of Marching Band before the season begins. The presentation been indexed so you can easily navigate the various sections - stopping and returning whenever you'd like to get more information. There are two formats:
This presentation will remain on this web site throughout the Marching Season so you can refer back to it at any time should you have questions.
Registration & Payment Steps:
Due May 3, 2019:
- Online Registration & Permission form (opens March 1, 2019)
- Online payment of $100 deposit (opens March 1, 2019)
Due June 13, 2019:
- Emergency Medical Treatment form (MUST BE NOTARIZED; editable, printable pdf)
- Medical & Allergy Information form (editable, printable pdf)
● Info to help complete this form correctly
- Photocopy of Medical Insurance card (copies of front & back of card)
Due August 5, 2019:
- Online full payment of $500 Marching Band fee (opens March 1, 2019)
- Physical Exam / Medical Clearance form (printable pdf)
Important Registration & Paperwork Information:
- All medical paperwork is to be turned in, on paper, to the Blue Box in the Stevenson Band Room.
- Current year physicals are required by Utica Community Schools (UCS) for all members of the Marching Band attending band camp. A valid physical is completed by a medical professional and dated on or after April 15, 2019. Any physical given before April 15, 2019 will be rejected and a new physical must be obtained. No exceptions.
- Marching Band students that will also participate in a UCS-sponsored sport should substitute and submit an official MHSAA Physical Form. Obtain one at www.mhsaa.com/Schools/Forms-Resources.
- Before turning in medical paperwork, especially the Physical form, make a photocopy for your records and in case the student is required to submit a completed physical for UCS athletics.
Receiving Physical Education Flex Credit for completing 2 full seasons of Marching Band: A student may be able to waive the graduation requirement of 1/2 credit of Physical Education (gym class) following the completion of two seasons of Marching Band between 9th and 12th grades. In addition to 100% participation, the proper paperwork must be completed, signed by Mr. Sekich, and returned to the counseling department to complete eligibility.